During my early years of blogging, while checking other bloggers to get a feel of what the blogosphere in Nigeria was really like, I stumbled on two awards popular among bloggers, aside the NBA(Nigerian Bloggers Award), it was Liebster and Sunshine awards. I knew I would get mine at some point(yes, I was that confident in myself), but the question was when? Now, 10 months down the line, I get my first blog award/recognition. The Liebster award. I was nominated by presh. A very awesome lady that has liked ALL my posts. Its incredible. I appreciate you today Miss Presh Igwe for your support.
So the Liebster award is an award given by a blogger to another to appreciate and recognize the work of that blogger, I did some research and found out that the initial awards required you nominate a blogger who had less than 3, 000 followers plus you nominate 5 bloggers of your choice. Now it has changed to nominating 11 bloggers plus bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules are as follows;
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking back to that person’s blog. – DONE
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the person.
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 questions of your choice
- Do not nominate the person who nominated you.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Now to answer Presh’s questions Leggo!!!
- What is your favourite post on my blog – Take that chance now!!!! just go and read this post, the title speaks for itself. enough said.
- What inspired you to start blogging – Hmmmmm!, I realized that my love for the wedding and event industry went beyond just being a planner/manager. I wanted to share my thoughts, and also learn from others out there. I wanted a platform to express all I had in me and I realized that no blog in Nigeria handled the Event Industry the way I wanted, a gap needed to be filled, hence the blog.
- What is the coolest/most interesting place you have ever being to and what was so great about it? – The Slave History museum in Calabar, it tells the story of the slave era in Nigeria and the dark period of our people in those days. Really scary and intriguing. the trip helps you better understand what our ancestors had to go through.
- What advice would you have given to yourself 5 years ago? – Do not take life so seriously, Have fun enjoy your youth, follow your dreams with a passion so strong its contagious, Do not allow anyone dictate how your life should go, Do not allow what people think or say about you slow you down or discourage you. I listened to what people thought about my dreams too much and that slowed me down.
- List the last three books you read? – Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie, Baxter family series by Karen Kingsbury(Baxter Family series is a lot, so that covers over 20 books)
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done- Sky diving, bungee jumping (all in my dream) LOL, but I hope to do them soon.
- Name one person who inspires you and why? – I draw inspiration from a lot of people, different people inspire me for different things, situations and purposes So I do not have one main source of inspiration.
- What is your most memorable moment? – Being with my family, I enjoy the company of my family a lot and we have a great time just gisting and making noise LOL
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced? I’d modify this and say the biggest challenge I’ve faced recently was getting a hang of my job especially when it comes to data and calculations. Arithmetic isn’t one of my strong points, so I struggled with that for a while, but I thank God it’s getting better.
- What do you think of my blog? – I think you are doing an amazing job of inspiring and encouraging women. I also love that you have been blogging for just 6 months and you have made such great impact. Weldone.
- Shuffle your playlist and list the first 11 songs? –
- Still the one – Shania Twain
- Father can you hear me – Diary of a mad black woman’s sound track
- This year – Jaywon
- I enter the Holy of Holies – Paul Wilbur
- I Promise – Cece Winans
- And I am telling you – Jennifer Hudson
- Halleluyah – Kenny kore
- Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
- My heart will trust – Darlene Zschech
- If I tell God – Kurt Carr
- Baby Oku – Flavour
Now I nominate my own 11, here goes, I might not always comment, but I love what you do and here’s my way of showing it;
- Tunde Leye’s Place (tlsplace)
- Berry Dakara blog
- My mind snaps
- The F.A.B Sister’s blog
- Ramblings of a mad man – Afam
- Dr N’s Musings
- The Makeup Chiq
- Nifty Nobby
- The Fairy God sister’s blog
- Tuke’s Quest
- Ethniques by Uju
Here goes my 11 questions; Have fun answering them.
1. Why/When did you start blogging?
2. How has the experience been?
3. Your favorite genre of music?
4. Biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
5. 5 random facts about yourself
6. What blogs/websites do you visit daily?
7. How do you unwind?
8. Your favourite movie/book of all time
9. Name one item on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet
10. What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
11. Where is your comfort zone?
Have a great week guys and achieve all you set out to this week. An amazing news awaits YOU!!!! did I hear an AMEN?